Monday, January 17, 2011

Thavamai Thavamirunthu

Pongal is on and all channels are flooded with new films for the viewers. I am not a movie freak. The last movie which I saw in theatre was when I was in my first standard. All my family members are alike in this and we sail in the same boat. But yesterday, bounced upon this movie Thavamai thavamirunthu , and to my surprise, I watched this movie till the end ( 3 hours and 30 mins ) with my mom.
Kudos to Cheran for the way he conceived the screenplay based on a simple known social message. The crux of the movie is a Dad's expectation that his children shouldn't think at a later stage that he didn't bring them up / educate them properly. It tends to happen when the child talks back after he has grown up, that he would have prospered well, provided his Dad had given him enough opportunities in life. The way the movie starts, may remind us of 'Autograph' since the story goes on a flashback mode here also. Luckily, he stops with that similarity. 
Strengths:
1) The casting particularly the ones who played as parents
2) I was really moved in few scenes, particularly when the couple apologize to their parents and when they realise their lonely situation in Chennai.
3) As usual, the message which the movies carries with it. Worth mentioning plot.

Weakness:
1) Too long - 3 hrs 20 minutes, with some slow moments.

0 Spoke out:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...