Sunday, May 1, 2011

Being a Kid

I realize it's been a really long time since I posted anything here. It seems like whenever I attempt to post, my mind goes somewhere else or I get caught up doing other things and I just never get back to it. So here it goes..


Sad to say, I've totally slacked off on reading as well. I started a book 2 months before and still couldn't complete it. Everyday,I look at them and I tell myself, "Today I will start reading..." and then I go to college and come home and forget about it. It is due to combination of things...college work, laziness,the summer,lack of creativity..Hold on...!! This post is not something about me and my daily routine.

Was there ever a better time in our lives? Wondering what made me ask this question...:) The last week was very hectic with my practical exams in the peak and whitewash of my house. Caught with lots of interesting things like my dad's childhood photos and even mine while cleaning the storeroom. I had most of my photos scanned but few were missed. While looking at those, I felt like getting back young again.

As kids, everything in the world was perfect. We didn't know what is meant by hatred, jealousy, ego...As kids, we were like free birds. If anyone visited our home, as kids, we just jump and sit in their lap. We were completely innocent. Those were the golden days..!! If I were given the gift of wishes by God, I would definitely opt for my childhood days. No pressure or promises to be met. No writing of blogs too..:)
When I sit back near my window, basking in the warm rays of the sun..
The day reminds me of the lovely spring,
The beautiful days and the bright memories of the past
The magical smiles of the kids take me back to my prime time!!
As I get older, I feel like a bird with feathers cut. Lots of restrictions, rules, stressful life wherever we move about. I can no longer play on the swing, run like crazy. All these make me think " If Pandora had not opened the magic box...??" 
Gone are the days!!
When the school reopened in June,
And we settled in our new desks and
benches!
When we wanted two Sundays and no Mondays, yet
managed to line up daily for the morning prayers.
We learnt writing with
slates and pencils, and
Progressed To fountain pens and ball pens and then Micro tips!
I could still feel the happiness I had when I progressed from pencil to pen in my third grade. I was moving about the house in a three wheel cycle with lots of joy and said it to my grandpa as though I had got admission in Stanford. Wonderful days those were ...!!!


What if God transforms everyone to kid again...?? :)


9 Spoke out:

Defiant said...

WOW!! Nostalgic again!!
A really very good description about our childhood days.. :)

Lovely..
Yes, what happens if everyone turns as kids again?
Earth will be heaven :)

Sanjeetha Veni said...

thanks madhu..:)
earth as heaven....it would be awesome..:)

Neeta said...

Its very nice
it made me remember my childhood days and i too took and saw my photos..

Sugirtha Veni said...

Great post...I too admire the cuteness and innocence of kids and many a times I wish I be like them again...I always wonder why with age comes ego, jealousy and hatredness...we talk of globalised world but yet as individuals we are becomming too self centered...

Stranger said...

The conscious mind of 'Unconscious Sanj' strikes again & this tym it waz on ur infancy days!!

Grown up Gal nw.. (i must say)
:P

Sanjeetha Veni said...

@neeta: thanks
@sugi bei: thanks bei...:)
@deepak: i am confused now...r u praising or pulling my leg..??:P

Jai said...

great post yaar...i loved it

Anonymous said...

Our childhood days will always be memorable:) It is the innocence and constant sense of wonder that makes childhood so lively:)

Sanjeetha Veni said...

yes sajeev...those are wonderful days..:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...